Dignity in Focus 2015
Dubai+Acumen is proud to bring Dignity in Focus to Dubai in February 2015!
We invite UAE-based photographers to put their cameras to work and use the tremendous talent they have to tell powerful stories – stories about dignity and what it means to be human.
Dignity in Focus is a global exhibition that invites photographers to define and portray what “dignity” means to them. The exhibition serves as an opportunity to engage communities in critical conversations about dignity, poverty and the impact of social enterprise on under-served populations. Selected photographs are exhibited and auctioned to benefit Acumen and the social enterprises it supports in India, Pakistan, East and West Africa.
Interested photographers are invited to submit a maximum of two photographs, based on the theme of “dignity” and what it means to them.
To be eligible for the exhibition, your photo submissions should meet the following criteria:
• Approximate pixel measurements of 3240 x 2160
• Images should be in JPEG format and should be RGB color space, monochrome, or a combination of the two.
• Images should be shot with a minimum 8 Megapixel camera.
• Recommended photo size is 4 MB, though larger files will be accepted. Photo size must be at least 2 MB.
• All photos must be untagged and free of any signatures, initials or logos.
• Submissions should be sent via WeTransfer to email@example.com
Please also provide the following information along with your photographs(s):
• Your full name
• A short bio of yourself, including where you come from
• Title of your photograph
• A short backstory telling us about the photo and what it means to you
• The above should all be submitted in an MS Word file.
Submissions will close on February 7, 2015.
Should your photograph(s) be chosen for the exhibition, you will be notified by February 14th, 2015 and invited to attend and present your work at Dignity in Focus 2015.
If you have further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please spread the word and stay tuned to Facebook for further updates. We’re counting on you to help create a community that strives for social impact and where powerful collaborations such as Dignity in Focus can happen!